2023 Artist Registration Opens May 1st
Ogunquit’s 3rd Annual Perkins Cove Plein Air Painting Event will take place on Saturday, September 9th, 2023.
Registration opens May 1, 2023.
There is a great deal of interest in this very popular New England painting event! To ensure a spot artists are encouraged to register asap.
We look forward to seeing you all at the third annual Perkins Cove Plein Air Painting Event on Saturday, September 9th 2023.
Compete for $3400.00 worth of prizes!
Professional Division Awards
- 1st place $1200.00
- 2nd place $600.00
- 3rd place $400.00
Amateur Division Awards
- 1st place $500.00
- 2nd place $300.00
- 3rd place $150.00
PLUS a special amateur award will be given: the David Lussier Gallery of Excellence Award for $250.00.
ogunquit’s perkins cove plein air painting event
rules & regulations
Saturday, September 9th, 2023
Painting Competition: from 9am – 2pm
Competition Judging: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Wet Paint Sale: 3:30pm – 5pm
Rain Date: Sunday, Sept 10th
1. Please complete the application online, prior to the event on Sept 9th, and pay your entry fee of $55.00, this will include parking and a boxed lunch. The event will be limited to a total of 100 artists, both professionals and amateurs. Sign up as soon as possible to reserve your spot. If you have any questions, please contact Jen Lewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. PROFESSIONAL ARTIST vs. AMATEUR/HOBBYIST ARTISTS VS DESIGNATION: To help define each category we submit the following designation as a guide: It is generally understood that professional artists are in the business of creating and producing art to generate their income. As such they hang in galleries, sell work online, teach, and participate in gallery shows and/or juried shows. While amateur or hobbyist artists may also sell some of their work but not as their primary motivation.
Artists are welcome to participate in our 2023 Plein Air Event under one of two self-designated categories of their choosing, Professional Artist or Amateur/Hobbyist Artist.
3. Please check in and have your canvases stamped between 7am-9am. Stamping will not be available after 10am. Canvases that are not stamped will not be qualified for judging.
4. Please paint within the confines of the map to include areas within and around Perkins Cove, Marginal Way, Ogunquit downtown and Ogunquit Beach.
5. This is a one-day Plein Air Event. All paintings must be done outside, “en plein air.”
6. Participants must have their completed, framed painting placed on their easel in the Perkins Cove judging area between 2-2:15pm for amateurs and 3-3:15pm for professionals. Please no early drop-offs due to the limited amount of space and volunteers. You are responsible for having an easel to set up you’re painting for display, judging and wet paint sale. Artists can display one framed painting for judging and a second painting is also allowed for the wet paint sale. The second painting should be placed at the base of your easel after the judging.
7. You will be given a tag with your artist number to put on our easel for judging. Artist is responsible for pricing.
8. Sales of paintings: The actual selling of the paintings will be the individual artist participant’s responsibility. You will need to have your own charge, take checks, process credit cards, accept Venmo or similar, or ask for cash.
If possible, please bring a box with tape for your buyer to take your wet painting home in. Clean pizza boxes work great for this.
participate in ogunquit’s perkins cove plein air painting event
2023 artist registration
Ogunquit’s Perkins Cove Plein Air Art Event is one of the major cultural occurrences on the annual social calendar in our “Beautiful Place by the Sea.”
To apply for participation, submit the form below along with your $55 registration fee.